If you would like to visit a research lab within the Deanery of Biomedical Sciences (Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences or Infection Medicine), your first action should be to identify a potential supervisor and contact them.
- To see the research interests and links to Principal Investigators (PI) in the Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences (CDBS), please click here.
- To see the research interests and links to Principal Investigators(PI) in Infection Medicine (IM), please click here.
When you have an informal agreement with the Principal Investigator (PI) to visit, you must then complete the appropriate an application form below:
CMVM PG Visiting Students Application Form (65.64 KB / DOCX)
Please note: There are different forms for undergraduate and postgraduate visitors so please ensure you complete the correct form.
If you are coming as part of the ERASMUS scheme, you should complete the postgraduate form. Please note that you are required to complete the form fully and provide all the documentation required otherwise your application will not be processed. Further information on entry requirements, fees etc. can be found here.
Once the form and documentation is completed, please send this to the PI whose lab you hope to visit. This begins the application process. If all goes well and you have provided everything required, you will receive notification from the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (CMVM) in due course. You cannot start your visit until that has been received and you should not arrive in the lab until you have an unconditional offer and a fixed start date.
When you have fully matriculated, you will receive log-in details and a student matriculation card which may be needed for access to the building you will be working in.
- For postgraduates - fees are required for visits exceeding 12 weeks. The cost for visits exceeding 12 weeks is £850.
- For undergraduates - information regarding fees can be found here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/tuition-fees/find/undergraduate/2021-2022/visiting-student
- The source of funding should be discussed with the PI before submission of an application.
- Visits are not allowed to exceed one year.
For more information on visiting CMVM to study, please click here.