- 2005 - BA(Hons) University of Cambridge (First Class).
- 2008 - MBBCh Clinical Medicine and Surgery - University of Oxford (Distinction).
- 2008 - 2015 Foundation and Specialty Training in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine - Edinburgh.
- 2012 - Membership of the Royal College of Physicians.
- 2014 - Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (Magill Prize winner).
- 2015 - 2018 - Wellcome/ ECAT PhD training fellowship (supervised by Giles Hardingham and Siddharthan Chandran).
- 2018 - Present - Clinical Lecturer- UK Dementia Research Institute and Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh.
- 2021 - Fellowship of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FFICM Prize Winner)
Zoeb is a doctor in intensive care medicine and anaesthesia. He is interested in the cellular and molecular mechanisms that lead to impaired brain resilience in dementia, and how these factors are influenced during critical illness and anaesthesia.
- Jiwaji, Z., Tiwari, S.S., Avilés-Reyes, R.X. et al. Reactive astrocytes acquire neuroprotective as well as deleterious signatures in response to Tau and Aß pathology. Nature Commun. 13, 135 (2022).
- Hasel P, Dando O, Jiwaji Z, et al. Neurons and neuronal activity control gene expression in astrocytes to regulate their development and metabolism. Nature Commun. 2017;8(May):15132.
- Jiwaji Z, Hasel P, Chandran S, et al. The role of neuronal activity in regulating metabolism in mouse and human astrocytes. Lancet. 2017;389:S5.
- Jiwaji Z, Nunn KP, Conway-Morris A, et al. Leukoreduced blood transfusion does not increase circulating soluble markers of inflammation: a randomized controlled trial. Transfusion. May 2014.
- Jiwaji Z, Brady S, McIntyre L, et al. Emergency department management of early sepsis: a national survey of emergency medicine and intensive care consultants. Emerg Med J. 2013:1-6.
- Hughes TC, Jiwaji Z, Lally K, et al. Advanced Cardiac Resuscitation Evaluation (ACRE): a randomised single-blind controlled trial of peer-led vs. expert-led advanced resuscitation training. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2010;18:3.
- Jiwaji Z, Parker ERA, Thevanayagam JTH, et al. Hearing impairment in Tanzanians with albinism. Int Health. 2009;1(2):178-181.